Tuesday 29 December 2009

Holidays


What an awful and hectic christmas! My dad we taken seriously ill in hospital (although we got him back on christmas day). The weather has been miserable, there's been no internet until the other day and my dissertation is going very badly. And I have the flu or some sort of bug that I picked up in hospital. YUCK! so... several very good excuses for not posting anything. Today I am working like mad to get a big enough chunk of my dissertation done before going back to Brighton for New Years and my birthday. I have written too much and I think I've lost my direction, which is leaving me feeling a bit sick with the thought of having to re write a lot of my work. Trying to stay calm! All I really want to do is go back to the Christmases of days before deadlines, essays and Uni work. All christmas I would watch movies, draw, sew and read. Because it was too miserable to go outside and everyone else was with their families, I normally got 2 full weeks of doing what I wanted, I would kill for a holiday like that again! I would normally manage a dozen or so films, several books and quite a few drawings and sewing projects. I'm pining for  a simpler time! Having said that, I did manage to read all of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll and Perfume by Patrick Suskind in one day, and I didn't have to feel guilty because I had to read them for a Uni project. Still, going to the january sales tomorrow with my Christmas money, looking forward to buying lots of books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment