Monday 25 January 2010

Arabic






These are some gorgeous arabic printers plates. These would have been used to advertise the borders and colours that that particular printer had. They are absolutely stunning! I have some more tucked away somewhere that I'll blog at some point. I'm beginning to get really into typography that's in other alphabets and letterforms that I can't understand. It makes you appreciate the letterform so much more if you can't attach a meaning to it I think. I'm toying with the idea of doing an intensive calligraphy course when I graduate so I'll post some examples of that soon.
Apologies for my lapse in the 'daily' element of this blog. I literally haven't had time. Even after my assessment I will be busy with new projects and my dissertation. It's all non stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment